Monday, January 30, 2012

I show

My roommate introduced me to this poem and I instantly fell in love with it. It perfectly describes what it means to have a passion for showing livestock, and I thought it might be useful for those of you who are not familiar with the livestock industry. I was not able to find the author of this poem.


I show.....
...and I am the definition of dedication.
...I have felt the despair of "the gate" and I know that I don't want that feeling again, and
...I have experienced the gratification of the handshake and I know that I want that feeling again, again, and again!
...I believe that fitters are actually artists in Wranglers and Rockports.
...I have been to the first pen and I am going back for more!
...I can see the beauty in a rock-solid "brace" and the grace in a "good drive."
...And my favorite color is PURPLE!
...If I have to, I'll sort through 1,000 head and drive as many miles unil I find "The One."
...There is magic in my step, skill in my hands, and electricity in my step.
...And while my classmates are watching TV and playing video games, I am feeding and weighing and exercising and planning and practicing.
...and if Mom's got the video camera and Dad's got a worried look it must be SHOWTIME!
...I know that if it's to be, it's up to me.
...I know the REAL value of groovy tops, jacked fronts, crisp loin edges, and sexy curves.
...I know the best place to watch Grand Drive from is in the Ring!
...I will avoid corners and "low spots" at all costs.
...I can talk the talk and walk the walk and I'm not stopping until I grab the banner!
...After God, my family, and my country, my stock comes next.
...And if you need to find me ... I will be in the barn!!!


I SHOW..... Therefore I AM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment